Technology City at Rashakai Special Economic Zone Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor has positioned the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as a gateway of the world’s new economic corridor. The province is uniquely poised for the opportunity of low labor costs along with a large pool of highly-skilled and low-skilled workforce to enable EMS industry in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Realizing the importance of local Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) for promotion of local manufacturing of IT/Consumer electronics, the provincial government has planned establishment of Technology City at Rashakai Special Economic Zone. It will span over one hundred acres of land. The Technology City will include:
1. EMC (processing zone) will be established on 50 acres area and will have; Computer and peripheral manufacturing, Communications equipment manufacturing, audio, video and wearable device manufacturing, semiconductor and other electronic component manufacturers and Navigational, measuring, electrometrical, and control instruments manufacturing.
2. Software Companies Cluster will be established on 20 acres area and will have; Software development, Software Game Development, Software Product development/ R&D , Call Centers, Business Processes Outsourcing (BPO) and Medical Transcriptions.
3. Academic Cluster will be established over an area of 23 acres for establishing buildings for IT University and other requisite infrastructure. It will set up a satellite/foreign campuses of any of the prestigious C-9 league universities.
4. ICT R&D and Innovation Hub will include facilities for Technology Incubator and Industrial R&D Center.
5. Expo Center for business development, promotion and marketing of the Technology City and its three main clusters. The Expo Center will regularly showcase products from the Electronic manufacturing industry and various software development firms. The Expo Center will be a venue for international conferences through the academic partners, product displays, and marketing events.
6. Non-processing Zone will provide housing colony for the three main clusters.
In investment context, the proposed project will offer quick profitable returns for the investors. Skilled, semi- skilled labour, construction material and basic utilities are available in the project area.
The project provides an opportunity for the donor agencies / investors for investment and recoup investment with profits. It can be executed through BOT/G2G or other modes of investment mutually agreed by both the parties. The project is open for all the state-owned, state-supported and private entities.
The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will facilitate investors for interaction with relevant agencies and is committed to be the partner of investor by providing all the basic facilities in execution of the project. It will provide all legal and technical assistance to the investors. The government will provide assurance of money security. The investors friendly security situation prevails in the province.