Mining Lease for Placer Gold
Placer gold exploration and development in the districts of Charsadda, Peshawar, D.I.Khan ,Bannu and Kohat districts. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The National Centre of Excellence in Geology University of Peshawar has conducted geochemical surveys of southern and central districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province wherein reasonable estimates of placer gold have been reported in economic concentration. The samples were collected for mineralogical study of heavy minerals concentrates and geochemical dispersion of gold, silver and base metals. The department of mines and minerals therefore, is offering to lease the site for detail exploration and precise estimation to potential investors.
The physical and chemical characterizations of gold suggests that it is a ductile, malleable and sectile noble metal found as a free metal and is telluride in nature. Therefore the placer gold which is liberated by weathering from the bedrock is free and fairly coarse and occurs mainly in the fluvial, alluvial and glacio-fluvial sediments, the pan concentrates and fine- fractions of the sediments.The world’s important mineral commodoties have been obtained from placers for example placer gold from Witwatersand sedimentary rocks in South Africa and heavy minerals from fluvial deposits in the Kinta Valley Malaysia.
The proposed intervention in the five districts of the province will also create possibilities of exploration of other base metals alongwith the placer gold. The heavy metals and minerals in the placers are of considerable commercial significance. Casseterite, gold, diamond, chromite, monazite,rutile are among the minerals that are widely explored from placer deposits.
The government of KP is facilitating investors with these measures;
- The Minerals Sector is governed Through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minerals Policy-2014. The Relevant laws & regulations are updated according to International Standards.
- All types of mineral testing facilities are available in testing laboratories in Peshawar.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Board of Investment and Trade (KPBOIT) is there to facilitate investors against any regulatory requirements.
- A comprehensive investment incentives packages are available with KP Economic Zone Development Management Company.
- The provincial government is committed to be the partner of investor by providing all the basic infrastructure so journey of development continues with no hindrances.
- The Government of KP is committed to provide competent workforce in every sector, including mine and minerals in coordination with the investors.