Mining and Mineral Processing in Mardan District
The Mardan district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) province has excellent prospects for metallic as well as non metallic mineral resersves. In particular, Katlang area of Mardan is known to have endowments of Marble, Granite, Copper, Limestone and several other minerals. The geological surveys conducted from time to time by the Exploration Promotion Division of the Minerals Development Department have confirmed the existence of such minerals.
To harness the full economic potential of these reserves, Sarhad Mining Company (SMC), a reputable Pakistani Firm, is establishing a Mining and Processing facility for aforementioned minerals. The proposed project would cover over 1300 acres of Mines located in the area. For this purpose, it is looking to go into financial and technical collaboration with local and international firms, both public and private, with considerable annual revenue. The investore can not only explore these minerals but also make value additions.
Given the expected increase in demand of these minerals in upcoming years due to advent of CPEC, going into this venture is well and truly a profitable opportunity. The feasibility of the said project will be decided after negotiations with the expected party.
In addition, the government of K-P is facilitating investors with following measures;
- The Minerals Sector is governed through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minerals Policy-2014. The Relevantlaws & regulations are updated according to International Standards.(See infosheet on K-P Mineral Policy)
- All types of mineraltesting facilities are available in testing laboratories in Peshawar.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Board of Investment and Trande (KPBOIT) is there to facilitate investors against any regulatory requirements (see infosheet on K-P Investment Policy).
- A comprehensive investment incentives packages are available with K-P Economic Zone Development Management Company (see Infosheet on Industrial Policy).
- The Government of K-P is committed to provide competent workforce in every sector, including mine and minerals in coordination with the investors.
- The investors friendly security situation already prevails in the province in the current government.
- The entire sector is supported by the Inspectorate of Mines to address any occupational hazards issues and ensure safety of workers.
- The transportation in the private sector at the competitive rates is locally available. Moreover the machinery for excavation, etc. can only be acquired on rent.
- The services of several state owned and private sector insurance companies can be availed.