Granite Mining and Processing in Hazara Division
The mountains of Hazara region, including districts of Mansehra, Battgram and Kohistan are endowed with substaintial deposits of Granite and other minerals. The Granite found here is of high quality and has a huge demand in local and international markets. With the advent of CPEC, it is expected that demand of local Granite would get further boost, due to increase in construction projects.
Keeping in view of this high expected demand, a reputable Pakistani firm by the name of Global Star Granite Mining and Processing Industries (GSGMPI) is planning to establish a Granite Mining and Processing facility in either Industrial Estate of Abottabad or Mansehra SEZ, in order to tap the untouched granite reserves of Hazara Division. In this regard, the firm is looking to enter into Joint Venture and technical collaboration with local and international firms with considerable annual turnover.
From Granite, GSGMPI is aiming to produce a wide range of products, normally used in Construction, such as Slabs, Counter Tops, Kitchen Tops, Treds, Risers, Flooring & Facing Tiles etc. This company has years of experience in producing Granite products and has supplied material to a number of construction projects throughout the country.
Given the expected increase in Granite demand in upcoming years, going into this venture is well and truly a profitable opportunity. The feasibility of the said project will be finalized together with partnering organization.
In addition, the Government of K-P is facilitating investors with following measures;
- The Minerals Sector is governed through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minerals Policy-2014. The Relevantlaws & regulations are updated according to International Standards.(See infosheet on K-P Mineral Policy)
- All types of mineraltesting facilities are available in testing laboratories in Peshawar.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Board of Investment and Trande (KPBOIT) is there to facilitate investors against any regulatory requirements (see infosheet on K-P Investment Policy).
- A comprehensive investment incentives packages are available with K-P Economic Zone Development Management Company (see Infosheet on Industrial Policy).
- The provincial government is committed to be the partner of investor by providing all the basic infrastructure so journey of development continues with no hindrances
- The government of K-P is committed to provide competent workforce in every sector, including mine and mineral in coordination with the investors.
- The investors friendly security situation is already prevailed in the province in the current government.
- The entire sector is supported by the Inspectorate of mines to address any occupational hazards and ensure safety of workers.
- The transportation in the private sector at the competitive rates is locally available. Moreover the machinery for excavation, etc. can only be acquired on rent.
- The services of several state owned and private sector insurance companies can be availed.