Exploration of Nepheline Syenite in District Buner
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has rich reserves of Nepheline Syenite concentrated in the Buner district of the province. The exploration and development of these reserves provide an excellent opportunity for the investors due to its multiple uses. The Minerals Development Department in the past has conducted geological surveys to identify the reserves of Nepheline Syenite potential. According to the Geological data the reserves are estimated to be 6000 million metric tons.
Nepheline syenite has manifold usages such as dimension stone, cement manufacture, construction aggregate, for Road aggregate, landscaping, making natural cement, manufacture of magnesium and dolomite refractories, production of glass and ceramics and floorings etc.
The department intends to award the area on mining lease. According to the Geological data the reserves are estimated to be 6000 million metric tons. These resource estimates have been made from a review of Sarhad Development Authority (SDA) and Pakistan Mineral Development Corporation(PMDC) data. The estimated cost of these reserves is about $264 million.
The government of KP is facilitating investors with these measures;
- The Minerals Sector is governed through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minerals Policy-2014. The Relevantlaws & regulations are updated according to International Standards.
- All types of mineral testing facilities are available in testing laboratories in Peshawar.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Board of Investment and Trade (KPBOIT) is there to facilitate investors against any regulatory requirements.
- A comprehensive investment incentives packages are available with KP Economic Zone Development Management Company.
- The provincial government is committed to be the partner of investor by providing all the basic infrastructure so journey of development continues with no hindrances .
- The Government of KP is committed to provide competent workforce in every sector, including mine and mineral in coordination with the investors.
- The investors friendly security situation is already prevailed in the province in the current government.
- The entire sector is supported by the inspector of mines would address issues related to occupational hazards and ensure safety of workers.
- Available. Moreover the machinery for excavation, etc. can be acquired on rent.
- The services of several state owned and private sector insurance companies can be availed.