Exploration of Metallic Minerals blocks in Chitral and Hazara Division
Investment in metallic minerals can bring rich dividends for the investors. The investors can not only explore these minerals but also make value additions. The northern part of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has excellent prospects for metallic minerals. The geological surveys conducted from time to time and the Exploration Promotion Division of the Minerals Development Department have unearthed the hidden metallic resources of the province.
These metallic minerals are found in abundance in the Chitral district and the Hazara Division in the north and northeast of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province respectively. The Hazara division includes districts of Abbottabad, Mansehra, Haripur, Battagram and Kohistan. The provincial government is planning to offer nine blocks in these districts for exploration of metallic minerals.
Some of the metallic minerals contain valuable metals, such as copper, gold, nickel, lead, zinc or platinum. The exploration can be made through award of mining lease to the investors.
In these districts Precious and semi precious metals have already been discovered and exploited. Though Mines and Minerals department has the preliminary data however, no large scale activity is being carried out in the area.
The proposed intervention in the six districts of the province will also create possibilities of exploration of other non-metallic minerals along with metallic.
The government of KP is facilitating investors with these measures;
- The Minerals Sector is governed through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minerals Policy-2014. The Relevantlaws & regulations are updated according to International Standards.
- All types of mineraltesting facilities are available in testing laboratories in Peshawar.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Board of Investment and Trade (KPBOIT) is there to facilitate investors against any regulatory requirements.
- A comprehensive investment incentives packages are available with KP Economic Zone Development Management Company.
- The provincial government is committed to be the partner of investor by providing all the basic infrastructure so journey of development continues with no hindrances.
- The Government of KP is committed to provide competent workforce in every sector, including mine and minerals in coordination with the investors.
- The investors friendly security situation already prevails in the province in the current government.
- The entire sector is supported by the inspector of mines would address issues related to occupational hazards and ensure safety of workers.
- The transportation in the private sector at the competitive rates is locally available. Moreover the machinery for excavation, etc. can be acquired on rent.
- The services of several state owned and private sector insurance companies can be availed.