Cold Chain and Cold Storage Facility
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) has a rich stock of high quality fruits, vegetables and livestock; which can be effectively channelised to fulfill the growing consumer demand, both domestically and internationally. At present, the market for food processing industry is highly unsaturated and therefore offers tremendous growth opportunity to incoming investors.
Keeping in view of ths promising business opportunity, Euro Industries, a prominent Meat Processing Company of Pakistan, is considering to establish a Cold Chain and Cold Storage Services facility for fruits, vegetables and meat near the first juncture of CPEC route - preferably at Hattar Special Economic Zone (SEZ), otherwise it can be Rashakai SEZ or Ghazi SEZ. For this purpose, it is offering an exciting Joint Venture opportunity to large and reputable local or foreign firms, who carry significant experience in cold storage manufacturing, cold storage operations and cold chain supply management.
The proposed project will provide cold chain supplies and storage at -18 degree centigrade to facilitate storage of fruits, vegetables and meat, along with the transportation of the same. With a unique geographical location this proposed project will be able to serve products from Swat, Charsadda, Mardan, Abbotabad, Mansehra, Haripur and even Gilgit Baltistan. Furthermore, there will be additional opportunities for local and international consumption of frozen products, due to expected traffic generated by CPEC led economic activities.
In addition, for facilitation of investors the Government of K-P has taken following steps;
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Board of Investment and Trande (KPBOIT) is there to facilitate investors against any regulatory requirements (see infosheet on K-P Investment Policy).
- A comprehensive investment incentives packages are available with K-P Economic Zone Development Management Company (see Infosheet on Industrial Policy).
- The government of K-P is committed to provide competent workforce in every sector.
- The investors friendly security situation is already prevailed in the province in the current government.
- The transportation in the private sector at the competitive rates is locally available. Moreover the machinery for excavation, etc. can only be acquired on rent.
- The services of several state owned and private sector insurance companies can be availed.